2.0 MediocreAug 24 2020
Pros: Worst customers services I have ever hadCons: I won't use your company again, I paid for a high quality car and you gave me a low quality in its place, I paid for insurance I was told insurance wasn't good had to cancel and buy a new one. I am done with sixth
2.0 MediocreAug 22 2020
Pros: NothingCons: Should not have given my reserved car away
2.0 MediocreAug 18 2020
Pros: Nothing.Cons: This was the first and only time I will ever rent from SIXT! I've been told to pay the extra with the more expensive rental companies, and now I see why! I'm listing my experiences below in hopes of deterring anyone thinking of renting from SIXT themselves! 1 - When I arrived to pick up the car there were two others in front of me, and two employees. Even so, it took 45 minutes for me to get my car. One of the employees literally walked past everyone in line while on his phone and proceeded to ignore everyone while continuing to sit at the front desk, still playing on his phone. 2 - I rented an intermediate class vehicle, and when it was FINALLY my turn was told that I would be receiving a Kia Forte. I told the employee that I had reserved an intermediate class, and she reassured me that the Kia Forte was indeed intermediate, when a quick Google search immediately shows that it's compact. 3 - The vehicle smelled like a rolling ash trey. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and was never told that I would be receiving a smoke-friendly vehicle, so my stomach was in knots whenever I was in the vehicle due to the extremely strong smell. 4 - When driving the vehicle I noticed that it pulled very strongly to the right side. I thought that this was due to alignment issues, which clearly should've been addressed, however I later discovered that ALL of the tires were greatly in need of air and that the right, back tire was 10 LBS lower than the others!!! I would think that this would be standard in checking before renting out the vehicle, and something that is a MASSIVE safety hazard if left unchecked!!! 5 - The vehicle was also completely out of wiper fluid, which was also a standard, very easy fix but was another safety hazard. I get that it's a budget rental car company, but you seriously can't check to see if your cars have wiper fluid?!?! 6 - I had scheduled to return the car at 6:00pm on a Sunday, and discovered upon pick-up that the SIXT office closed at 2:00pm. They instructed me to park the vehicle in one of their marked spots at the hotel where the office was located and provide the keys to the hotel front desk. Upon arriving at the hotel ALL marked spots were full, and I had to circle the parking lot multiple times before an unmarked spot became available. Again, an easy fix for the company to provide enough spots for the amount of returned vehicles that day, but due to lack of common sense resulted in a headache for the customer. I have never had such a negative experience when renting a car, and will NEVER rent from SIXT again.
2.0 MediocreAug 12 2020
Cons: They didn’t have the car class I reserved and were uninterested in helping to solve the problem. We canceled the reservation
4.0 OkayJul 27 2020
Pros: Drop off was easy, but no receipt was available. I was told that my receipt would have to be emailed. This was a concern to me because the rental company required a security deposit for the vehicle. With no receipt, I have no idea what they're charging me at drop off.Cons: I had several issues. First of all, I have a business traveler. I have traveled for many many years and used rental agencies around the world. This was by far my worst experience.
1. I called Sixt a few days before my scheduled pickup date and asked if I could pick up the vehicle a day earlier. They said yes, the vehicle was available, but I would be billed under a different rate. The new rate was $400 more. So rather than simply extend the existing rate for one day, Sixt opted to let the vehicle sit idle. Bad business plan.
2. On the morning of my arrival to pick up the vehicle, the DFW rental office was closed, despite posted hours of 0800 AM. I sat and waited for 30 minutes before someone came in. That's extremely unprofessional.
3. The vehicle I reserved was not available when I showed up at the rental office. I was told it was still being serviced, and I was welcome to wait. Yet the vehicle type I asked for was clearly in the parking lot, right outside the door. I pointed that out to the staff but was told that the vehicle was reserved by someone else. Not sure how that works, but I made this reservation months ago. I ended up getting a different vehicle that did not have the cargo space of the vehicle I had originally reserved.
4. When I picked up the vehicle, I was told I would have to put down a security deposit on the vehicle. That shocked me, as I was NEVER told that a deposit would be required. In all my years of renting vehicles, I have NEVER been required to do this. Further, the deposit was almost the same amount as the entire week's rental rate. That is completely unacceptable and is the reason why I will NEVER use SIXT again... for personal or corporate travel.
5. Sixt failed to do a thorough maintenance check on the vehicle before renting it out. If they had, they would have noted that the left rear tire was critically low on air. I discovered this AFTER I had picked up the vehicle and too late to return it. Nor could I afford the risk that a vehicle would not be available if I returned it. So... over the course of a week's rental, I had to up air in the tire each and every day.
This was my first time with Sixt, and it will be my last.
6.0 GoodJul 21 2020
Cons: Car class availability
10.0 ExcellentJul 20 2020
Cons: I’ve enjoyed everything with this company. Twice now. A non-crowded simple pickup/drop off, a great fleet of premium cars, fantastic prices...I’ll be back. I’ve recommended it to my friends!
4.0 OkayJul 1 2020
Pros: car was fine. pickup and dropoff was fineCons: they didnt have the car i reserved available when i got there. i did put in the wrong pickup time and was 2 hours late but they forced me into a slightly better car for an extra 80 bucks after taking forever to get the car
2.0 MediocreJun 21 2020
Cons: Sixt is a Garbage company.
2.0 MediocreJun 18 2020
Pros: Staff was rude and unhelpful. I reserved for pickup at 7am they did not open until 9am so I was waiting for 2 hours to pickup. Then my reservation was for a SUV for 6 people was told didn't qualify for that type of vehicle. Wasn't given any apology or solution for the situation. I prepaid for the car and had to get a refund which takes 5 to 7 business days. I had to spend more money to go to another rental agency and was late leaving for my trip.Cons: They could have came up with a solution for the inconvenience of my time and money.